What problems were reported by people in the CHR regional meetings in the Lubelskie and Podkarpackie provinces
From 8 to 10 January, Adam Bodnar held CHR regional meetings with residents of the towns of Jarosław, Lubaczów, Biłgoraj, Świdnik and Lublin.
What did people ask about? How not to limit one’s activities to one’s home only:
- how to ensure that the rights and dignity of people with intellectual disabilities (work, care services, seeking consent for medical procedures from people with cognitive impairment) are respected; what about the spouses’ right to submit joint tax statements in cases when one of the spouses is incapacitated?;
- how to ensure that in small towns and villages snow is removed in wintertime, so that people can walk there and do not have to use cars (snow removal from pavements is an obligation of real property owners who are often getting old and have nobody to help them)?
- what to do about the transport exclusion of residents of small towns and villages which have no transport connections with larger towns or cities and within their own areas either? This makes the lives of senior persons very difficult. Will the process of driving license verification not result in seniors losing access to specialized health care in hospitals, as those persons have to get there somehow?
- how to improve the work of courts; how to react to cases of law abuse by members of public authorities; does civic opposition to non-compliance with the Constitution make sense?
- how to solve problems with personnel shortages in medical care (low earnings, increased limits of working hours)?
- how to really help refugees, and how to deal with the excessively long procedures of issuing work permits to foreign citizens?
- how to solve the continuously emerging various problems of tenants of buildings subject to property restitution?
- how to make it easier for families to solve conflicts, including in cases where family members are in different countries? what to do with the lengthy family court procedures? how to ensure that the rights of fathers are observed?
- what can be done about the announced large-scale hunting of wild boars?